How To Make Party Pom Pom Love Hearts
Posted on August 12 2019
Basic Pom Pom Making
Master these five steps and the pompom world is yours for the taking.
- Wind wraps of yarn around one half of the maker.
- Snip through the yarn wraps all round the centre channel.
- Tie another length of yarn tightly round the centre.
- Repeat on the other half. Close the maker.
- Trim into a neat shape. Then trim some more.
Love Heart Pom Poms
A love heart pompom is the perfect gift for a loved one. When making the ‘heart inside’ pompom, keep picturing the shape of a heart as you wind the yarn and you will find it easier to build up the heart shape within the pompom.
You Will Need
- DK-weight acrylic yarn in the following colours: light blue, dark blue, red
- 7cm (2 ¾ in) diameter pompom maker
Make a pompom in the usual way. Complete and remove from maker, but do not trim it into a round.
Holding yarn tails in one hand, trim pompom into a conical shape to make bottom point of heart.
Cut a V-shaped groove in centre of upper half to make the top of heart.
Trim each side into a heart shape. Start at side then work round from front to back, trimming little bits.
Tip – When trimming, to make a neater heart shape, keep brushing the yarn in different directions and trim where necessary.