Easy Valentine's Biscuits
If you are looking for ideas on how to mark Valentine’s Day 2022 with the whole family, baking is an absorbing activity that will give you some quality time together. Keep it simple with this easy peasy biscuit recipe and let the kids get creative and decorate their biscuits as they please. Don't forget to set the scene with some Party Pieces Valentine's Day decorations!
200 g white caster sugar
200 g unsalted butter, softened
1 medium egg, lightly beaten
400 g plain flour
Red food dye for icing
Sprinkles for decoration
Heart shaped cookie cutter
- In a large bowl, cream the butter with the sugar using an electric whisk. Whisk until well mixed and creamy in texture. Make sure to not overwork the mixture, or the biscuits will spread during baking.
- Beat in the egg until combined then add the flour and mix on low until dough forms. Gather the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for a minimum of one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 190°C, fan 170°C, gas mark 5. Knead the dough briefly on a floured surface, then roll out to around 3mm thick. Cut with heart shaped cookie cutters and transfer the biscuits to a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until golden brown. Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Once the biscuits are completely cool, it’s time to decorate! Set up a decoration station with sprinkles and icing and decorate to your heart's content.
We hope you enjoyed this easy Valentine's recipe. If you gave this recipe a go, don't forget to share your image by tagging @partypieces on Instagram!
Add some excitement to your day with out range of stunning Valentine's Day decorations. From Valentine's Day-themed balloon arches, to this foiled heart treasure hunt activity to Sweet Hearts table confetti (perfect for when you're serving your biscuits), we've got you covered!